Thursday, September 1, 2011

My Day with Robin Goodfellow

I'm a big fan of Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series, so when she offered this contest, how could I resist? I do love Ash (in a totally platonic way, Meghan, don't worry!), but I'll side with Puck over Ash, because I always had a soft spot for tricksters. :)

I feel that a perfect day can occur in two ways: 1) The day goes exactly as you planned and nothing went wrong, and 2) The end of the day is so awesome that it makes up for anything that went wrong earlier that day. My perfect day would probably be something like option 2, despite the perfectionist I am when it comes to planning.

Now, the day would begin brightly, gloriously. I'd be super excited, but also blushing like mad since I'm a nervous wreck around good looking guys, and of course, Puck would most likely poke fun at the fact that I look like a tomato. Trying to be courteous, I would ask Puck if there was something he'd like to go do first.

Of course, he'd want to go on a trip to the wyldwood, seeing as how he loves that place, and I'd agree (foolish mortal that I am) simply because I want to please him. Oh, and I want to go to the fey realm, also. Through the use of MAGIC, we manage to get there, and we actually enjoy ourselves for a while.

Then, knowing my luck, some disgruntled fey or some hedge wolves would attack, so I'd end up hiding in a tree or behind a bush or something while Puck fends them off. And this would probably end with us running for our lives out of the wyldwood and back to my hometown.

By this time, the day would probably almost be over, so I'd be irritated that it didn't go as I planned. But then (most likely knowing how easily impressed and distracted I am by shiny things), Puck would take me somewhere high in the city that I could see the stars clearly, and not be distracted by the unnatural lights. This would make up for any inconvenience I had suffered, and I would be happy.

As we say goodbye to each other, I work up enough nerve to give him a hug...and then he'd probably try and get me to turn completely red again.

Thus ends my day with Puck. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment